South Aiken High School Home Page
« April 2017 »
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
26
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4
5
6

 

It's official! We have moved to our new District website, now located at acpsd.net. Please take a moment to visit and explore our new online home for updated information on all items related to Aiken County Public Schools.
 
As a reminder, our individual school web pages will continue to link back to School Fusion (hosted at this site) until the start of the new school year when all school-related pages will make the transition to our new web platform.
 
Thank you for your continued interest in and support of Aiken County Public Schools, and welcome to acpsd.net!  
Greetings to the Aiken County Community,

South Aiken High School is committed to working in partnership with the families and the community we serve.  Our goal is to empower our students to develop the skills necessary to compete and contribute in a global society.  As we partner together in this very important undertaking, we seek to provide the very best solution-driven environment possible.  The graduates of South Aiken High School will be prepared to meet every post-secondary challenge and will be recruited by higher education institutions, business owners, and job creators.  We will work as one to ensure that all students realize their potential and forge ahead to provide the solutions needed by our community. 
 
Serving almost 1500 students, South Aiken offers a diverse curriculum emphasizing college preparation and career readiness. In 2015, 89% of our graduates pursued a post-secondary education and the remaining 11% either joined the military or the workforce.  South Aiken offers Advanced Placement (AP) courses and dual enrollment courses at Aiken Technical College and the University of South Carolina Aiken. The school’s focus on academics is evidenced through the number of students awarded scholarships. The Class of 2015 was awarded more than $19 million.
 
In addition to offerings for the college-bound portion of our student body, South Aiken offers career-technical courses in several areas, including business, marketing, accounting, welding, and culinary arts.  Local offerings are supplemented by the Aiken County Career & Technology Center. 
 
Our student body participates actively in athletics and many other extracurricular programs. Among the many awards our students have earned are the following:  NJROTC has won many state and national competitions. The literary magazine, Calliope, has been routinely recognized nationally.  Mu Alpha Theta won Clemson’s Calculus Challenge in 2015, as well as, other state competitions. DECA won numerous state awards and qualified for international competition.  Our band and our Thoroughbred Chorale continue to excel in state competitions.  Both the boys' and girls' soccer teams and Varsity boys' basketball team advanced to the state playoffs last year. The baseball team competed in the lower state championship.  Boys' tennis advanced to the 4A State championship. 
 
The clubs, organizations, and programs directed by our faculty, staff, and parent volunteers emphasize volunteerism and community service with all of our young people.  Our students have put in hundreds of hours of community service for local charities and organizations.  A complete list of club participation may also be found on this website.  The Thoroughbred students take pride in serving the people of this community.
 
The School Improvement Council continues to provide input regarding strategic planning and parental involvement. The SIC also coordinates school beautification projects and provides teacher grants for purchase of instructional supplies. They work to increase communication and to provide more information to our parents and community, and they volunteer at the school to strengthen our commitment to working as a team.
As we continue through this school year, the administration, the faculty and staff, the students, and the parents of the Thoroughbred community pledge their dedication and commitment to the promise of providing the best for each and every student at South Aiken High School.  We join together in our belief that our work for “Every Thoroughbred, Every Day” will empower our students to thrive and our community to prosper.

Sincerely,

Jill W. Jett, Principal

EVERY THOROUGHBRED, EVERY DAY!!  ALL MEANS ALL!!
 
The mission of the Aiken County Public School District is to create in students a passion for learning and achievement that will serve them as they compete and contribute in a global society.